LEDS dimmable with built in timer

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Dimmable-Digital-Timer-fixture-Moonlights/dp/B008D3QBWW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1348026593&sr=8-3&keywords=dimmable+reef+led]Amazon.com: 120 Watt Dimmable with Digital Timer coral reef LED fixture With Moonlights: Pet Supplies[/ame]

Just wondering what you guys might think about thses LEDs they look like exackly what i am looking for. But not sure if anyone has used them or what i should be worried about.

Looks like the standard Chinese black box knock off fixture with dimmers and timers. Your mileage will vary, some people love them and others hate them. I know two local reefers personally who bought them, and replaced them in less than six months due to issues. At that price point you really aren't that far off from a quality unit, personally I'd just save a little more and buy something reputable

If you are looking for advanced electronics like that, I would suggest saving up for a reliable and reputable brand.

More fancy features put into an off-brand product means more potential for something to fail. The seller might repair/replace, but not having it fail in the first place it better.

When I bought my knock-off LEDs I went with the absolute minimum. Just dimmers and power switches - things that I can repair myself with readily available parts.

The dimmable LEDs without the integrated timers are selling for about $160.00. That one is $235.00.
The way I see it, that is a $75.00 timer.

It is up to you if you want to go with that product. I will not vote for or against it, but I would recommend doing a lot of research on it first.

RockStar you are right about the timer, Witch dimmable lights have you seen for 160 ?? the cheapest i have seen is 190$ with dimmer. Shoot for 160 i can afford my lights next month. lol and finally get rid of my cheap PC light. See the thing is for my tank im going to need atleast 3 units.

There are several vendors on ebay with different prices for similar fixtures.
And they seem to change names a lot (go figure lol).
I bought my fixtures for $180 originally, and when I was looking to get a third one the original seller was gone.

This is where I bought my third fixture:
Dimmable LED Aquarium Light 120W Coral Reef Tank White Blue Grow Light 55x3 Watt | eBay

Go shop around though, there might even be better deals out there.
If you are going to buy these non-branded items, I recommend buying from an ebay store that is established, versus buying from an individual seller.
At least the ebay stores have better warranty and return policies.

i am with northstar on this one. for me i build my own LEDs with drivers and dimmers and a program and so on. but i just like the feeling of building my own

Back