Let's breed some Nerites!!!

R Cubed

Reefing newb
Ok well I am going to set up another tank to hopefully breed some Nerite snails. I've done quite a bit of reading but most stuff is pretty vague or contradicting, so this is going to be a bit of trial and error. If anyone out ther has done it, let me know would you? Going to start tomorrow I'll keep updating the thread.

I've seen em breed in all the tanks at the LFS,including the freshwater planted tank.But if I'm not mistaken,I think the only tank where the eggs actually hatched was the brackish water tank.
Good luck with em.

Good luck...it can be done. I have hundreds of baby snails in my reef tank, because there isn't anything in there to really eat them, and also cause I don't always run my skimmer, so their survival rate is pretty high.

good luck with your venture. i have thought about trying to breed clowns but it gets really extensive and i dont have the time for it.

Thanks for the support guys, just got all of my supplies tonight. I'm using a 5.5gal tank, 10lbs. aragonite reef sand and a small Tetra air driven filter. However I havent decided if I want to build an overflow into the tank. My wife has me on a budget so I'm going to have to piece together any additions frome stuff around the house. 20 min. later...ok I'v thought about it I'm going to build one, we will see how this goes.
Ryan

Back