Level tank

Where to start... the retrun pump died a few months ago so I have only been having the top going... I am going to be draining and redo the plumbing on the tank to fit the new return in... how do I level the tank on carpet? I had shimms and it still started leaning when I filled the tank originally it was totally level... now its leaning about 1/4 of an inch forward but it creates an issue with the overflow in the back so i have to fix it.

Where are the shims now? If you have them in the back, I would remove them. That should alleviate some of the issue.

I am guessing that as the weight of the tank settled, the carpet ended up smooshing and the shims kept one side of it from leveling out.

so the more you shim it the more it leans? are you reading the level right or just going by the gap at the rim of the tank? how are the floor joists running underneith and are the shims being placed where a floor joist is? IF for some reason your sub floor is weak where the shims are evertime you add shims it's just pushing it down more instead of raising the tank.

the carpet tack are pushing it up in the back... and makes it lean.... The shims are not doing anything, as time has gone by the tank has been leaning more and more... yes i am reading the level right.

Back