Light broke

Harleylay

Reefing newb
Well today my 2 bulb coralife 48" decided to take a crap. I currently have a fish only 90 gal bow front is there a light that is recommended by most without breaking the bank would prefer one with moonlights also? Thanks for any info

I read the question two times (i am too lazy to read it for the third).. .but... From the title and some of the words, I think I might give You the answer...

Fish do not require special light, but some light should be provided, because they feel more comfy in it... So for the time that your lights need to be replaced, you can use sand lamp or desk lamp, stationed next to the tank (for the day hours), so the fish kinda know it is day and they should be more active... And the critters that come out at night should be hiding... The moonlight is also possible to use 24/7 if it is the only available option, but as mentioned, it might break the fish day/night regime...

OH... and lights also make the fish color pop... (the blue ones)...

Anyway, don`t stress it..

I would get some of the strip LEDs, they are pretty cheap and should last a very long time. I have a good link for this at home, I will post here later.

Back