light in tank

bullitt21

Reefing newb
sump light fell in tank last night.all my snails,shrimp and starfish dead.i changed over half the water today and the water test showed all good.what else can i do???????????fish seem to be doing fine.:frustrat::frustrat:

Well, if it was electrocution, then there isn't much you can do except what you've done already. Keep an eye on your parameters and make sure the dead animals don't spike them. Sorry to hear about your losses; at least your fish are okay.

You can secure the light better so that it doesnt happen again. I would also suggest putting a GFI outlet in or getting one of those 3-ways with a GFI built in. If something like this happens again, It should shut off the electricity before anything can get cooked. They react almost immediatly.

Brian

The corals may not survive it either... Fish will be the hardiest, so it's not surprising that your inverts were impacted the worst.

that sucks bud. were the hell have you been? just watch and pull them out as they die hopefully they all make it through

hey james.i have been working in new york.i came home for a week and all hell breaks loose.i was better off working away.

man that sucks maybe you can make some kind of bracket that holds the light to the stand so that it has no chance to fall in next time. some times it is better to stay at work things at home are out of sight out of mind.

i hope the rest come out of their funk. it is crappy that that happened but at least it did not burn the house down or fry someone

Back