lighting 2 part question

mj_273

Reefing newb
I have a 30 gallon aquarium with a hagen t5 dual bulb setup how do I figure out my watts per gallon and what types of corals or anemones could I add if any? I currently have two clownfish and a black and white damsel

Well, you have to determine the total watts on your lighting setup and then divide that number by the gallons of water in your tank and you get the WPG. Let us know the specs on your lighting and your water params and we'll let you know the deal on the coral stocking.

i do not have any of the paperwork on the lights anymore it was all ruined when my other tank burst. I went to the hagen website to get the specs but it was down. I bought the bulbs at petsmart if that helps probably not lol

Over a 30 gallon tank,I'm guessing that your light is burning 2 39 watt bulbs. That will put you at 78 total watts.2.6 watts per gallon.

You really need at least 4X 39 watters to get you in the proper range for corals.

Don't put anymore fish in there. Thats max already.

What kind of filter do you have? Is everything cycled and running smoothly?

I have a whisper 40/60 and about 55 lbs of live rock. I had to transfer everything when my 40 gl tank sprung a major leak everything has been in this tank since christmas and seem ok

Back