Lighting for 75 gallon.

stormystormy11

Reef Addicted!
I've set up a 75 gallon that I've been looking at lights but I'm lost. I know the watts per gallon but I would like everything in one light system including night lights. Color is important as I have started corals and bubble tip anemone in my 30 gallon with mh lighting. Please help!

Nice, I'm sure you'll love it. You'll be fine with the bulbs for about 6-12 months or so. If you absolutely need to change them out before that for a different combination then you can.

I have the same light system. I love it for the price. As for the color it is not that bad when I change the MH i will go with 20,000K.

okay, got the light...one bulb and one ballast is not working..and I have to return it on my expense?....not sure if this is such a good deal!

Today I turned my one good bulb on with the good ballast...light only stayed on for 10 seconds..could it be the whole light..not good...already got rid of the box. Love the idea of getting everything in one light but no instructions and 1/4 the price of other lights should be a clue. Hope customer service comes through on monday. I also bought my protien skimmer from the same compay and name brand...no instructions...not sure how to set it up but it sure is pretty!

Aqua Traders will make me ship anything back at my expense...just had an electrician pick up whole system to see whats wrong with it. I guess you get what you pay for!

Was thinking about ordering from that website, sorry for your bad experience but thanks for sharing it. Will look around for something better. Good luck hope that guy can help you out, defiantly does not seem like the company is going to.

-

Owen

Electrician said that my light had a bad ballast but everything else looked fine. Shipped that back for $10.00. Aqua Traders said if they don't get it by the 30th of this month I will not get a new one...again just to let everyone know, if it was the whole light they made it clear I had to ship it in original box back at my expense. I didn't even have the box..good thing it was just the ballast..
I can say that when I got the light the legs didn't fit my 48 inch tank and they shipped me out new ones that would.
As for the light, I do like it...have to see how the ballast exchange goes. :sfish:

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a hard time with them. The only problem that i had with mine was the shipping information. I had to contact customer service they are not very friendly and don't speak English very well at all.

Okay, ballast was returned good so the light is perfect now..I love it. Just so that everybody knows..you do have to return everything at ur expense but customer service seems to be really good. Again.....love the light!

Back