lighting for a 20 H

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
What lighting should I go with for a 24" 20 g High?

T-5 or MH and what brands? I want to try to keep $200 or less if possible,if not, not too much higher if you know of any retrofits that I can make look good that's great!!!

also if a retro can you point me on how to make a nice looking canopy so I don't have to see them! Thanks

I would prefer T-5 w/ individual reflectors also

Halides would be impractical for a tank that small, your water would cook. I'd go with T5s. Animals that need more light will need to be placed near the top.

how does the Current Sundial Compare? I can get that for $190 w/ shipping and bulbs, it has the same kind of reflectors as the Nova Pros, 4 bulbs, moonlights, and timers

That will work too.How tall is tall?I believe even the 4bulb Nova without IR will work too....just keep sps about no deeper than 8-12 inches below the water line.

The only halide small enough for a 20 gallon tank is a 70 watt. It is expensive and you would still need supplemental lighting to go with it. The most bang for your buck would be a T-5 setup with a 40 gallon breeder. The 70 watt halide is really only practical for a nano tank as there really is not any other good high intensiy lighting for a nano, as T-5's are to big and power compacts are not intense lighting.

Ok guys thanks, so I'll be able to keep anything with the 40 B and the Sundial right? Thanks for your help! Now I just need to get some money. How would you guys recommend I set up it to be plumbed, I want a cheap but good way Thanks!

Back