lighting for a 40 gallon breeder?

Cheeser

I Love Reefer
what is the most affordable led fixture that would suffice for a 40 gallon breeder. its gonna be a frag tank. i plan on growing mostly zoas, palys. and acros. im hoping to spend around 100 bucks.

i have a 32 led diy fixture with dimmable white and blue leds that im selling if you're interested. its 24 inches and has 60* optics

The jbj fixture is nice but out of my budget. And as for the finsanity fixture ...can anyone else vouch for these?, cuz I was always told to stay away from bridgelex leds and to stick with Crees.

Here's a couple threads I found real quick on the topic, and a quote from another.
Bridgelux vs. Cree LEDs - Which to choose - Reef Central Online Community
Cree vs. Bridgelux led's - Reef Central Online Community

XPGs can handle up to 1.5A while XPE and XTE can take up to 1A. You get better life by running your leds at a lower current. Plus a Cree XPG @700 mA doesn't even begin to produce noticeable heat on my fixture therfore no fans. My tank is next to my couch in my living room and It's silent! Several people running bridgelux @ the max 700mA say the LEDs get quite hot requiring fans to cool them. Fans require more power and extra plug in an already crowded power strip and create more noise. Plus if you have a fan fail you may just overheat and destroy your setup.

Back