Lighting for My Upgrade

Samhain

Satin, Lace, and Sequins
So I have my 90 gallon upgrade, and I have a MH fixture that came with it and my Marineland Reef-Capable LEDs. I don't think the ML LEDs will be enough light for the increased depth of the 90 gallon, plus it doesn't give the fluorescent pop to the corals that I would like to see. However, the MH fixture I have is only 175 watts, and it's also ancient and doesn't seem well ventilated. So I'm considering this Odyssea T5HO/MH fixture with this bulb in combination with the LEDs. Do the lighting experts think that would be too much? I am looking to start keeping SPS and possibly a nem, so I want enough light to be able to support those critters.

That's not a bad fixture, and they are good bulbs. I'm using the same fixture just with 4 T5s. You def won't need to run the led fixture with it though.

I'm sure the odyssea halides will be fine. I was planning on getting them but decided to see if I could get LEDs. So I ended up getting one of these: Finsanity Aquarium Store

The lights will be here in the next couple days or so, so I'll be saying what I think about them on my build thread... Nanoreefer just got one last week so you can ask him what he thinks of his.

Back