Lighting help....

scandluz22

Reefing newb
I have a set of these AQUATICLIFE LINK FIXTURES and am looking to buy another one so I have 4 bulbs for my 55 gallon. My question is can I put the 2 actinic bulbs in one fixture and the 2 10000k in the other so I can put them on separate timers? Or should they be alternating like --- Actinic bulb, 10000k bulb, Actinic bulb, 10000k bulb so the light is spread more evenly? Should I just maybe buy a 4 bulb fixture that allows me to control them separately? Thanks for the help!!!

Also what would be better bulb to put in there than the ones that come with it??

You have a 55g. tank and the link shows a 24'' fixture.Linking those two together will only be two banks which will limit you to very low light corals,maybe zoas and mushrooms an that's it.You really need a fixture with four banks the full length to keep LPS and soft corals.4-6 banks and individual reflectors to be unlimited,preferably 6 with IR.

Thanks for pointing that out but I have the 48" version and intend on buying another 48" version. If you click the drop down on the link it shows the 48" version. Thanks for the replies

Back