lighting question...!! help asap!

S2kdriver

Reefing newb
ok. so now because i have xenia, mushroom, green star pylops, button pylops, and a bit of zooanthids. now i only have a 50-50 light. i put my xenia in yesterday and it was on one of the lower rocks and hasent started pulsing or anything and is still very shrunkin. so i moved it up to teh top rock, except its near my green star plylops, and i dont want them hitting each other because i know everyone says the xenia grows like a weed. but i want a bit of growth! haha. but my question is, at pestsmart they have a 10,000k bulb that i can get. should i get that and another fixture and have that with my 50-50 light? and could i keep other corals with that? just wondering.

and also do yall think i shlould keep the xenia up top or can i put it back wher i origonally wanted it. down low. thanks!!

check out the t5's they have there get at least a 2-4 bulb fixture. what kind of light do you have not the color but kind like t5 power compact it does not matter about the 10k or 50-50, 75-25 those numbers are just the color of the bulb

Does it look like 2 bulbs attached to each other? If so, it is most likely a Power Compact. Also, corals can take several days to adjust to there new home.

Brian

Do you need to add iodine to your tank. Xenia alot of times will stop pulsing if your tank is low on iodine.

50/50 lighting in a 20 gallon should be plenty of light. What kind of xenia?

i dont know. the guy just said xenia. i will get some idoine tommorow. we just set up another freshwater so we got to get some more stuff!! but thanks guys!!

Just a note. On personal experience zooanthids will not do too good without bright lighting. Not Shore how true it is but when I moved them to the aide of my tank with the halide they have been growing like algie.

Back