Lighting question

Becki67

Reefing newb
Hello again,

We finally received our really expensive metal halide light yesterday and guess what, one of the flourescent lights was shattered and what I'm assuming is one of the LED lights (it's a circular piece with 8 or so tiny little bulbs in it) was broken. Instead of the hassle of returning it and waiting another month or so, I want to just replace the bulbs.

The b-friend is travelling and is unable to look up the type of light it is so I can find replacements. I've looked on line and can't find the circular type light. Does anyone know where I can find those?

By the way, my ammonia is down to zero, my nitrites were on .5, and my nitrates were at 2 on Monday. Things are looking good!

Thanks for all your help.

I wouldn't go to all that hassle or money. Contact whoever you ordered it from and they should be able to set you up. You don't have corals yet so you don't need a light yet

I agree with underwaterworld I would make them replace the whole unit because if the bulbs, especially the LED's, are broke then you dont know what else might be messed up within the lighting system itself. If you spent the money you did on halide's I would opt for a full replacement to be on the safe side.

i would call them and get them to send you a new light why waste all that money. a lot of times bulbs come damaged but not the led's

I talked to him and they are shipping the lights out tonight. He was really cool about it.

Does anyone know of a good site to get replacement bulbs in the future?

Biff got that website from me,damnit!

Reef Geek carry all the major metal halide and T5 bulb manufacterers.There PC bulbs are a bit limited but they do carry Hamilton.Then again,pc is limited in choices compared to other bulbs anyways.

Biff got that website from me,damnit!

Reef Geek carry all the major metal halide and T5 bulb manufacterers.There PC bulbs are a bit limited but they do carry Hamilton.Then again,pc is limited in choices compared to other bulbs anyways.
Mighty Biffer, the usurper! As she fights her way through the underlings .....

Back