Lighting Requirements.

ClownKeeper

Reefing newb
Hello everyone, here on vacation a pet store moved and the new site was to small for its tanks so I got a nice all glass tank for 25 dollars. Its a 29 gallon 30Lx12Wx18H, and I need to get some lighting for it soon. I plan on a FOWLR tank but would like power enough lighting to be able to keep some corals. I've got a budget of about $200, doe's anyone have any suggestions?

look into the 30" current USA sundial, that's about your price range, and would get you into softies and some LPS. That's in the 230-240 range... so a bit high.

it's really tricky lighting a 30" tank... especially considering that most light fixtures skip the 30" size. It gets a bit more fun considering that the 30" fixture is the exact same fixture as the 24" (wattage and bulb length). You could consider a 24" Sunlight Supply New Wave fixture with 4x24W URI bulbs for 199.95 if you know where to look.

You could get into a 150W HQI retrofit from hellolights.com for right about $200.... but i don't know if you have a canopy.

I had the same tank and i have the same as mentioned earlier the sundial 30" with 4x24 and have kept softies pm me for a price so you can buy corals insted of lights :mrgreen:

Back