Lighting

$272 US dollars sounds like a good deal. You got 34 mins and there are 2 left...lol.
As I mentioned before, T5 only means bulb diameter. That light does not use T5HO's. It's regular 21w T5 bulbs.

$272 US dollars sounds like a good deal. You got 34 mins and there are 2 left...lol.
As I mentioned before, T5 only means bulb diameter. That light does not use T5HO's. It's regular 21w T5 bulbs.

Thanks Capt, I have heeded the previous advice, and would change them T5HO's. It's more that I really need to get something I think, because otherwise I know I'm going to be frustrated if I don't, and as a unit it seemed like a good format, and for that price, it's seems like a good deal. My experience of this hobby is very limited obviously and Bowini wasn't a manufacturer that came up very often in threads. I guess what I was trying to determine was it worth spending that £200.00 thinking that I got a pretty good deal, or keeping that money and putting it towards something better??

With that light fixture, you can keep anything you want. The T5's are just supplemental lighting for when the halides are off, so regular output bulbs are fine. If you decided in the future to change to T5HO, you would have to take the fixture apart and replaced the ballast. A regular ballast will not properly fire HO bulbs.

Last edited:
Back