Lighting

cms722

Reefing newb
Ok so I've been looking around for some new lights for my tank because right now I only have two t5's on it and I know that isn't enough for having corals and that is eventually what I want to do. I have a canopy on the tank and it is beginning to frustrate me because I can't seem to find lights that mount to the canopy. Most of them look like they connect to the rim of the tank. Idk maybe I'm looking at em wrong or something. I'm on a budget and want to stick with t5s. Any suggestions on where to look? Thanks in advance.

Hmm, thanks, that might work. It looks like the one I've got in there. Would having 4 lights be enough? Cuz I've got two right now, if I got two more would that give me the kind of wattage I would need to have corals?

For the 55? If your current ones and the ones you add have individual reflectors then yes it'll be enough.

Yea for the 55. And yes the one I have has individual reflectors. I wouldn't think of not having them. There's such a difference just by having them on there. Does anyone have any recommendations for bulbs? Right now I just have a white one and one that is kind of a purple hue. I'm going to replace those bulbs when I get the new fixture so I was wondering on opinions for best combinations. I really want my corals and fish to pop.

I would talk to John over at reefgeek, no one that's ever gone with his suggestions has been disappointed.

Back