Lights in BioCube gave out?

brittant

Dog Person in the Water
Today, the lights in my BioCube did not come on. It appears that the Daylights' timer has broken for some reason, but the Acintic will not come on at all, timer or no timer. They're both plugged into the same surge protector, along with everything else in the aquarium (which is running fine otherwise!). Nothing should have been dripping on it. Any idea of what may have happened? If there was a cause other than burning out, I want to know before I purchase new stuff!

Salt can get under the hood if its not sealed properly and sometimes even if it is. I would take the hood apart and clean everything. Look carefully at the wires and leads for salt creep. I've fixed this kind of problem by cleaning salt off the wires.

Do not let the little rubber bands break on you and order replacements now. Also apply a trace of vaseline to the screws before you put the clear plastic cover back on.

It could be the ballasts, the bulbs, the fixtures, the wiring...A whole long list of stuff.

If your Day lights will come on, you should switch the two bulbs to check if it's the bulb.

If the bulb works, then switch the ballast and see if that fixture works with the working ballast. If it does, then you need a new ballast.

If not, then the problem is either the fixture or the wiring, both of which I can't help you with. I had a similar problem and switched to LED's :/

Both of my ballast blew. Luckily some1 had bought one and gave me the recipt to replace them. Oceanic or the company gives a one year warranty. They'll give you some try this or/and that and if they don't work they'll send new ones out. Free of course. Worth giving it a shot.

Is your cube made by oceanic or corallife? I don't have one but I was talking with my go to guy at my LFS and he said since corallife took over they have been having problems with the new ballasts.

Back