lights

You don't have to use MH, you can use T5's as well or even LEDs if you willing to pay the money. You can't just use any type of lights, they have to be specific for SW tanks.

If your building a reef aquarium you need at least T5 lights. The MHs of course are better but more pricey. The LEDs are also making their way into reef aquarium lighting but those things are really expensive.

I'm wanting to put my 150 and 100 gal tanks into one custom stand and scrap my 50 and turn it into my sump for both them. trying to figure out how i can do this and not have to refinance my house on lights for it

Are you wanting the 100 and 150 to both be Display tanks? If so you need to get learned up on how to wire up some lighting and how to build reflectors if you want it done on the cheap.

yes i want both to be display tanks. figured it is cheaper to build one big system instead of 3 separate ones I'm good on the wiring skills if i cant do it myself i have a lot of good friends and a few family members that are electricians, and even a few plumbers just don't know what lighting parts i can use for SW. wanting to save where i can.

Well if you got the skills you might as well get some MH fixtures and ballasts then make some reflectors. It's really not that expensive to wire up a few 150w MH bulbs with some sheetmetal reflectors. If you want it to look pro and all yeah then it will cost ya.

all lighting will be concealed by the canopy it don't have to look like a pro did it as long as it works getting bored with my 55 gal fowlr want to step up to reef where is a good place to find some lights at

your not gonna find those parts at a LFS. Your going to need to research exactly what you need then search out that specific part.

ya i know i cant even get saltwater fish or other equipment from my LFS . all the parts i can find around here within 100 miles are for outdoor lighting and construction metal halides. just need a web site were i can find good parts to build

Back