Lion Fish 55 Gallon??

Kully3xf

Reefer Madness
Hey guys so i have this RO system on sale on craigs list and i just got hit up by a guy who wants to trade me a 55 gallon with hoods and lights it was a fresh water oscar tank, so it holds water (apparently). If i go with the trade, i've read mixed reviews of lions in a 55. I know they are messy fish so i'd need a sump and everything. If i do this im planning like 60-70 lbs of live and maybe a tang and the lion. ive read they can get along. What do i need to know that is imporant if i decide to do this FOWLR?!?

Uh oh i think i might be starting my 3rd tank lol:shock:

You'd be ok with a dwarf type lion in a 55, and while you could put a yellow tang in there with it. The tang would need a bigger tank sooner rather then later.

I'm pretty sure you can put maybe a fuzzy dwarf lionfish in a 30 gallon so a 55 would be plenty. My LFS implied they don't get very big and since they perch a lot of the time anyway I assume it's enough room.

+1 BL. Also, I would'nt put a tang in anything short of a 90 gal unless it was in the bristletooth family...Tomini,Yellow Eye Cole,Convict...etc..etc.

Whelp shux.

I guess it isnt worth the 55, ill wait till I have room for a larger tank, then i can do a predator tank.

Thanks for the input!

Back