Lion fish?

Cody_thenewguy

Reefing newb
So I'm thinking of doing a fowlr and want to base it around a lion fish, I really love corals but I REEAAALLLY like lion fish. I've been searching the interwebs for a while now and I can't seem to find anything substantial when it comes to what fish I can reasonably keep with a lion and if I put it in a reef tank what sort of thing would I have to do to make it happen? Can I get clowns maybe blennies in there too? I'm just lost in the sauce and don't wanna throw a bunch of money into something that won't work. So any sites maybe some articles to read up on... just a direction really to look at! HEELLLP

No, you cant have clowns, blennies, basslets, dottybacks, chromis, dartfish, dragonettes, cardinalfish or small wrasse. List probably goes on. Now if you want a FOWLR lions are great! If I were setting up a tank around a lion. I'd go with lions, scorps, possibly goatfish but not sure and I'd get an eel.

If you really want a lion fish you should go with fish that are venomous like they are. It is a big risk to have the normal fish like clowns, blennies, chromis, etc., in the same tank with a venomous fish. I like the idea of the eel. They look pretty cool in the tanks.

In my experience lion fishes eat what ever is smaller than their mouths. So you will be fine with bit bigger fishes. I've had one with a Clarkii clown fish and they didnt have a problem. But lion fish will ear all your inverts in the tank.

I have a dwarf fuzzy lion fish and he gets along well with my Chromis and Christmas wrasse. He is a really neat fish, I have thought it to come up to the surface to get its food and it will wait there around feeding time :D

Back