lionfish food

Rockyreiter

Reefing newb
normally i feed my lionfish rosy red feeder fish, but i recently found out that FW feeders aren't good for SW fish in the long run because of a lack of nutrients. what would be good feeders for him? he just started eating flakes :D but i think it would be better to keep him on live/meaty foods.

on a side note: he shows interest my firefish quite a lot. is that anything to worry about? im pretty sure the firefish is too fast, but i just want to make sure cuz the lion hangs out in front of his bolt-hole all the time.

thanks! :)

I would stop the flake also ,IMO.....your firefish is in trouble ,sooner or later he'll get him...try giving him krill,scallops,shrimp,clam,squid good stuff like that...and don't limit him to just one,try them all.

There are packs of frozen food you can buy from pet or fish stores that your lion will probably love, and are much healthier for him than what you are feeding now. You can also buy frozen people seafood (make sure it's raw and not flavored with anything).

You can also buy frozen people seafood (make sure it's raw and not flavored with anything).

Personally, I don't how how those fish can stand to eat shrimp and crab meat without a little butter and a twist of lemon. But that's just me.:D

Personally, I don't how how those fish can stand to eat shrimp and crab meat without a little butter and a twist of lemon. But that's just me.:D

My BTA use to like its table shrimp dipped in tarter sauce.:shock:

Back