lionfish

nanoreefs

Reefing newb
hi guys! i recently started a 40 gallon breeder with 10 gallon sump and started to think about fish i would want to put in it. i was wondering if i could have a dwarf fuzzy lion and a fu man chu lion in the same tank. or two fuzzy dwarf lions, or 2 fu man chu lions in one tank? :question: :sfish:

According to a compatibility chart, it should be ok. But the recommended size for a fuzzy lionfish is 50g. The fu man chu would be ok in your 40 though :)

As far as i know, lionfish will be peaceful towards others, so i think you be ok with whatever combo you choose. But remember that lionfish will eat any fish the same size or smaller than they are, so you will be very limited in any other choice of fish for the tank

thanks guys im thinking i will only have them for now and maybe in a year or so take the back and turn it into a reef i will try to post pictures soon

thanks guys im thinking i will only have them for now and maybe in a year or so take the back and turn it into a reef i will try to post pictures soon

Small fact if you don't get fish or shrimp that are too small "2 inch or under" you can maintain a Fu Munchu Lionfish in a reef.

Back