Little Clown in Overflow

Kizmar

#derpface
So I just got home and noticed my small male Clown Fish somehow ended up in the overflow. There's no way I'll be able to get a net in there to catch him... not sure what to do, if anything. If he ends up getting pulled into the sump at least he'll end up in the filter, but who knows if he'll live through that.

Anyone have this happen before?

I've had that happen a few times...I don't know how your overflow is, but first, shut off the pump. Tne take 2 small nets, bent them into a diamond shape. I had the hubby chase the fish into my net. Worked every time. I try to chase them upwards so I get a better angle. I had a tight fit in the overflow, as well.

Here's an old pic of one of my overflows:

DSC06002.jpg

Wonton is right -- you have to bend the net. :( It sucks. If that doesn't work, then turn everything off, drain the overflow so the fish gets sucked down, then net him out of the sump.

I had this happen twice. First time I couldn't find the little fella anywhere. Due to the canopy design I couldn't get a clear look either. Figured he was a gonner so I picked up Maroon clown to replace him. While acclimating the new clown I was goofing around in the sump and saw a shadow in the return. SO.....I broke down the canopy, got a ladder and sure enough he was there. (Lots to eat, I have a ton of copods in there) I simply turned everything off and caught him with a net.

Hi jumped in one other time not too long ago. Since then I put a little piece of egg crate over the top of the return box.

Got him out!

Turned off the return pumps. Took the return water level pipe out so the return would drain. Fish gets sucked into the sump into the filter. Net him out, put him in the tank.

Done. Not even a split fin. Whew!!

Got him out!

Turned off the return pumps. Took the return water level pipe out so the return would drain. Fish gets sucked into the sump into the filter. Net him out, put him in the tank.

Done. Not even a split fin. Whew!!

Good job :^:
You will get used with that for so long ;)

Back