Live Rock and Cycling

Well tested at lunch.

Temp: 78.2
Salinity: 1.025
PH: 8.2
Ammonia: .25
Nrite and Nrate: 0

I also took out the Chemi-pure, purigen and phosban out of the media basket. Just have filter floss in there now. Hoping this kicks the cycle off more. If tomorrow the ammonia doesn't go up, I'm going to put another shrimp in there to kick it in the tush more. I'm also only running the moonlights all of the others are off.

I just have been keeping them off for the past day or two. Well honestly its because I forgot to plug them in. :lol: I do have a timer power strip that they are plugged into but haven't taken the time to figure out how to program the individual plugs. :)

I hate the timers for our lights. Anytime I need to reach behind or under the tank I knock it somehow and either push some down or pull some up...

Right now the strip is sitting on the floor beside the tank so I can plug and unplug them easily. One of the reasons (other than forgetting to plug them in in the morning) is I was thinking that not having them on might cut down on the possibility of getting things like hair algae during the cycle.

Well I think we can say that the cycle has officially started.

Temp: 78.5
Salinity: 1.025
PH: 8.2
Ammonia: 1.00
Nitrites: .25
Nitrates: 0

Needless to say I took the shrimp out. :)

Back