Live rock question

Nothing you can do. Especially when its not even in your possession. What's done is done. Sorry.
And you didn't answer the question about where the rock was ordered from.

I was mainly asking how to make rock last a bit longer because of the salt problem but yep whats done is done so geuss i will have to wait.

And i missed where you asked about where the rock came from, Premium Fiji Live Rock South Seas Aquatics

Well things could be a lot worst :bounce:

Ok, reason I asked is because I was curious about the shipping and packing process. Right from the page you link to it says...

Live rock free overnight shipping to a major airport or free fedex ground shipping to your door. Ground shipping usually takes 1-3 days to most places.
We sell Fiji premium Live Rock at $3.40 per 50 lbs with shipping Fedex ground to your door or to your local airport(same rate apply), rock is uncured so please do not put in an established tank. You will need to cure for one week. Fiji premium live rock usually comes in a round form but is somewhat porous. For airport orders call 210-439-6909.

And on their shipping page...

When you receive Live Rock?

New Tank: cure rock for 3 days in a separate tank or tub before putting it your tank. Use a power head to keep the water moving. After 3 days take it out and rinse thoroughly to remove any extra loose debris.

I would have done the overnight shipping to the airport.
But I have a feeling they are just shipping in wet newspaper or something, not in water. So either way, you will have a bunch of die off which is why they are telling you to cure it in a separate tank. But after several days you can be sure it's pretty much all dead.

Next time you want to order real live rock, order from Live Rock - Tampa Bay Saltwater Aquacultured Live Rock
They do it right, and you will be AMAZED at the rock you get.

Sorry about the weather, that sucks! I've lost whole coral shipments due to surprise ice storms and stuff. :(

Last edited:
Well the Rock came to day... IT was great!!! A little cold but still very wet and very colorfull. There is a bunch of coraline algea and something that kinda looked like a plate or mushroom coral. (i think it was dead though) Tank is still cloudy so cant see if there are any hitchhikers (I hope there is!)

I wish i had my refractometer now but it will be here tomarow or the next day, no use crying over spilled milk.

You do and you will but if you want to keep anything alive that might have actually made it (you mentioned hitchhikers) you will want to stay on top of it.

Back