Live Rock

candi_c

Reefing newb
I'm new to this.I am planning to start putting water and salt mixture in my 90 gallon aquarium tonight.I plan on getting LR in a few day's.My friend has some LR that I will be buying.My question is,can I put the LR in with out curing It? The LR was in a established tank already will putting the LR in my new aquarium make It become dead again?Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks..

Your ok, go ahead and throw in what you can. Keep the rock wet in transport. That will cycle our tank right quick. Make sure your tank is set up a couple days, and its to temperature.

If you can, wrap the live rock in newspaper soaked in saltwater during transit. That will help prevent die off. I started my tank with lr from a friends tank that was set up for about 4 years and did not get a cycle. You can tell if you have die off by how bad the rock smells. Good luck!

Your tank is going to possibly cycle anyways...so if you have a little die off it won't be a a huge deal. Get it in the tank for a week or so and then test for ammonia nitrites and nitrates.

Back