here are some pics of my new live rock

1310340608.jpg

1310340605.jpg

1310340602.jpg

1310340600.jpg

1310340598.jpg

1310340597.jpg

1310340595.jpg

That's some nice looking, colorful rock! I'd recommend pulling off the macroalgae if you can. You don't want it to take over the tank. The halimeda (in most of the pics -- the light green disc algae) is slow growing, but it looks like there's some bryopsis or hair algae in the first picture, and you don't want that stuff growing.

Thanks guys i knew i could get some advice. The guy at the store said that was a good piece to have bc of the growth:frustrat:

:mrgreen:This all came from my Lfs (over an hr away) but the closest one to me and everything they have always seems to be top quality.my last batch of liverock ended up having 3 purple urchins. Now my question is what Is the gorgonian ? Is it the thing that looks like a tree in the second pic sorry but I am still learning

Last edited:
yes it is... the one in the second and third pic might be too.. see if someone chimes in to correct me if i am wrong.. :D looking at it that orange may be a sponge and the other the gorgonian...sorry
Orange Tree Gorgonian

Last edited:
That is some good looking rock. But I'd get rid that halimeda along with the other macroalgae that Biff mentioned.it takes a lot of calcium to support halimeda and your coralline and corals will have to compete with it.

Ok so I think I got all of it out and I believe I have every piece of rock in the perfect position (for now) I can't tell bc the tank is murky I just want to say thanks again for the suggestions

Back