live sand

If you don't want to dry it, wash it and reuse it then just throw it away. If you are too scared to put it in your tank, why would you want to sell it to someone else instead?

I put live sand in my tank and 5 days later all my fish started dying. Lesson learned? Don't put live sand in an established tank. IF you use it (and I wouldn't) I'd put it outside and let it thoroughly dry out in the sun.

For all of you who followed my live-sand-leads-to-fish-death story - I learned the idiot at the LFS who advised me on this fatal mistake didn't even work there... although he represented himself as an employee... another little lesson learned in the fascinating hobby of reef keeping...

Kevin,I'd hunt that dude down and beat my livestock out of im.
I have added live sand in the past with no problems(knock on wood).

or tell the local fish store that he portrayed himself to be a part of, they might just ban him and if their nice they will help you out with the restocking of your tank

Dustin, the guy who runs my LFS (Chris from Ocean Aquatics in San Francisco) - yeah, that's a plug - is great, and HAS been helping out with the restocking (plus, I keep him in hot-and-cold running pulsing Xenia - the more I harvest, the faster it grows). I am nearly done stocking, though - my clowns are arriving on Weds from Sustainable Aquatics (another plug) - bonded pair, tank raised.
But honestly - when you think about it - adding live sand to an existing system is just asking for trouble...

i herd ur not sapose to dump it right (assuming that happened) i herd u have to add it slowly and to mix it in to the exitesting livesand or u could kill it

Kyle, I'm going to assume you do not speak english as a native tongue... if you do - what happened to you during spelling class?????? HOLY MOTHER OF GOD....

Simpleman - I added about a cup. 5 days later the sand dwellers were gone; 10 days later, all fish dead.

Back