Lobsters....

Marklyall87

Reefing newb
Hi, I was at my local aquarium shop today & see a lobster, I think it said reef lobster, i was going to get it but is it safe with my soft corals? Can I get more than one? Thanks. Mark.

It is safe with corals.But spend your money on something that your never going to see.
90% of the time the Lobster will stay hidden back in the rock.

They are bulldozers and can/will get very large. That is if you got a slipper or one of the painted ones (blue or purple). I think there's a red one that will stay smaller but it looks more like a crawfish compared to the typical spiny ones.

I agree. The idea of them is neat but all they do is hide in a sand cave under the rocks. Kinda worthless. I've had two and never saw them.

It is safe with corals.But spend your money on something that your never going to see.
90% of the time the Lobster will stay hidden back in the rock.

Totally true. I`ve had mine for 7 yrs now. And yes it is reef safe but as Yote mentioned about I`ve seen mine maybe 6 times in those 7 yrs. Dont get him if you are planning on seeing him.

Well that's that over, I went back to the shop today & it was a reef lobster, red at the back 2/3rd and blue at the front, it was really nice & was only £18 but the man in the shop said it WILL eat my coals, he also said it will knock the rocks over which I'm not so worried about but I definatly don't want it eating my corals so not sure what to do, I may just get a couple of urchins instead?

Back