Look what I Found

Rcpilot

Reef enthusiast
GornioporaStokesiEdited_616058.jpg

What do ya think? Should I buy it?

I soooooooo want it, but I'm not sure if I can keep it alive. Not confident in my experience level, but I'd LOVE to try it.

Reeffreak knows what it is. :wink:

Last edited:
Are you being sarcastic Biff? It's hard to read the true context of what you're saying in printed text. :shock: And that wink at the end?!? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I WANT IT!!! But not if I'm gonna kill it instantly. It's 3" wide and the guy wants $140 to ship it to my house.

Seriously? Should I try it yet? The tank is about 5 months old and seams really stable.

Goni's have a VERY poor survival rate in captivity, usually 6 months to 1 year (some get lucky and keep them longer). it is one of the corals that, IMHO, should be left in the wild. i think it would be a waste of some perfectly good money.

Are you being sarcastic Biff? It's hard to read the true context of what you're saying in printed text. :shock: And that wink at the end?!? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I WANT IT!!! But not if I'm gonna kill it instantly. It's 3" wide and the guy wants $140 to ship it to my house.

Seriously? Should I try it yet? The tank is about 5 months old and seams really stable.

140 !!?? holy crap that is high !! i can get them at my LFS's for around $50 !! that woul dbe about $80 in shipping !!

Yes, but red gonis do much better than the other colors... Both Reeffreak, Dr. Marco and I have had success keeping gonis...

RC, that seems VERY expensive to me... I would pass on it just because of the cost. I paid $40 for mine!

140 !!?? holy crap that is high !! i can get them at my LFS's for around $50 !! that woul dbe about $80 in shipping !!

That settles it. He can keep it.

Thanks ReefKeeper. I knew what it was when I saw it, but I've NEVER seen one advertised before and didn't know the going rate. I know they are considered sorta rare and hard to keep.

HMM,
I only give 20 bucks for my red goni and its close to 4-1/2" across.
That dude's trying to get rich.

Yes way overpriced for a red goni.

But if you want to try one in the future than the red ones are the ones to get.They are slightly easier than the greens.Be aware that its going to need to be fed and protected in some cases by would be stealers like hermits and fish.I'm going to try a red in a few more months.the reds with purple/blue mouths are stunning.

I like the purple ones.

The red with purple centers is really nice, but I think I like the purple ones better. Supposedly, the red or purple are more hardy than the green. Don't know if it's true, but thats what I've been reading.

Nobody in town has one. I'll keep looking.

Back