looking for a companion

Droskie20

where's nemo?
I recently bought a tiny neon dottyback for my tank and its all alone, what else can I put in my nano cube that won't fight or cause any problems?

Well, for one, liveaquaria recommends a minimum of 30 gallons for your dottyback. They can get surprisingly aggressive. I suggest looking on their website in the nano-fish section for a peaceful fish that will do well in A small tank. I personally have a yellow clown goby that I enjoy watching, but unless you want to trade your dottyback, you probably shouldn't add anything else. Have you tried any cleaner shrimp? I have a scarlet skunk and a peppermint and they are fun to watch.

I pulled the trigger to soon on the dotty back but w.e it is what it is I'm not taking him out or back, my dotty back is mad small and has more then enough room to swim lol

Its not about swimming room, though, its about territory. If you don't want to trade him, there's no way I would add another fish with him. I also wouldn't add shrimp with him because dottybacks will eat shrimp.

+1 Kyle Your tank is just too small for the dottyback even if he's little now he'll grow and believe me I have one and they are very territorial fish. He was my first fish addition to the tank (a rookie mistake I know now), and he has claim all the tank for himself. They like to swim a lot and will chase any other fish or shrimp, they need a lot of space to be happy. If your tank was bigger I will recommend you adding some black clownfish. And also, dottybacks will eat shrimp because they are their natural prey, you can always add one, but the risk will be there.

By the other hand, they are definitely great fish. I love mine even when he becomes a pain on the neck every time I add something to my tank. Hope yours do well too, they are very hardy fish.

Good luck! :)

Its not about swimming room, though, its about territory. If you don't want to trade him, there's no way I would add another fish with him. I also wouldn't add shrimp with hi
+1 Kyle Your tank is just too small for the dottyback even if he's little now he'll grow and believe me I have one and they are very territorial fish. He was my first fish addition to the tank (a rookie mistake I know now), and he has claim all the tank for himself. They like to swim a lot and will chase any other fish or shrimp, they need a lot of space to be happy. If your tank was bigger I will recommend you adding some black clownfish. And also, dottybacks will eat shrimp because they are their natural prey, you can always add one, but the risk will be there.

By the other hand, they are definitely great fish. I love mine even when he becomes a pain on the neck every time I add something to my tank. Hope yours do well too, they are very hardy fish.

Good luck! :)

m because dottybacks will eat shrimp.

what about a bottom fish like a sand shifting goby or something of that sort? Are they know to hate those? I know most gobbies hide in the sand and under rocks

Back