Looking for Led's...

Smitty

Reef pro
Hey ladies and gents...I've been doing a lot of research on led lighting and decided to get a led fixture. My main reason is because of the heat scare(90* and more temp) I had last summer, which killed many of my corals. So if anyone has any suggestions, other than me building it myself(no time), let me know. Thanks guys. :)

YOu need red in the spectrum, so just be careful of that. A lot of people are spending a lot of money on led's, just to have thier sps's brown out.

They say each fixture replaces a 150 watt mh. and i can believe it after watching their videos. But as for the red, i would imagine you could just get probably 2 T5 bulbs like ATI's midday sun, to supplement with. or like a 3000k bulb

Hey Seabee, I'm looking at the wavelength(nm) chart online, and this fixture does register in the red wavelength zone(630-700) using a 10,000k 1 watt led bulb. So I'm thinking it may be sufficient. :)

Just do your homework is all Im saying, Im not putting down anybody or anything. If you're going to drop coin like that, it better be researched is all I mean. We had LED's on some stuff at the store and it went brown, bad hair algea too, it was the light. Feel that heat under a T-5 or MH? Thats the infared, and corals need it, just like a suntan, we cant see the infared rays, but you can feel them, and its not because we are too close to the sun, its invisible rays.

Your welcome. But i cant seem to find the chart that says how many unit you should need for a specific tank size.

But Northstar got 3 to cover his 180 gal. So im guessing one unit would be more than enough for a 29

Back