Looking for Ricordea....

mtkid6

So much to learn....
I am looking to buy a few ricordea. My lfs doesn't have any and its not looking like they are getting any soon. :frustrat:

Does anyone have any good online leads that won't cost me an arm and a leg?

Just paid 7.99 a mushroom at my Favorite LFS. There are a few online places that sell them for 10 a mushroom....Are there any reef clubs by you? Id try searching that before buying online. I'd sell u some of mine but they havent spred yet.

I have been looking for local swaps but have not found any in Montana yet. If anyone knows of any let me know.

I have bought all my ricordias from craigslist locals. I have never paid more than 5-10 bucks for any of them while the LFS is asking 25-40!

I love craigslist.

I don't have any ricordia, but I do have a beautiful frilly mushroom. If you want to take some off my hands, that would be great! I have some other things I need to trim back. PM me if your interested.

craigslist is great as long as you have people around you that use it in the hobby. In baltimore and DC it great Montana might not. I grew up in Montana and didn't know many people with a saltwater fish tank.

I just want to bump this to say I just purchased and received 9 ricordea and 2 zoas from Coral Morphologic - Live Corals. I got 2 of the "4-pack" combos and I am very impressed with them.

They picked out extremely good looking specimens, most have 2 mouths and about 3 of them have 3 mouths. They even threw in an extra ricordea for free. So overall I got 9 very nice, large, and colorful ricordea for $70, you really can't beat that.

I also bought two zoas and those are very nice looking too.

Altogether I paid $129 including next day shipping and got 9 big ricordeas and 2 zoas. If you're like me and work Mon-Fri 9-5 and can't be home to receive them, just do what I did and have them ship to your local fedex store and have them hold it for pickup (they don't charge to hold it).

I would post pictures but my camera wouldn't do them justice.

Dang man those Blue ones look awesome on that site fastrd400 posted.

I got 2 frags from Coral Corral that ware orange/purple. They were on this old coral rock and I glued them together to make a big one but man I need some blue.

Back