Looking to Hire Someone In the Toronto Area...

frankrom

Reefing newb
Hi Guys,

I am new here... but looking to find someone who may be interested in assisting me in possibly setting up a tank... I'd be willing to compensate you for your time.

If interested let me know. I am from the Toronto area.

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Im in Nova Scotia.... i dont think i could make the trip!! ;)
But dont worry, we can help you from here, just ask away! :D

I'll set up your tank for free! As long as you buy me a first class ticket to fly out :D If you have a local lfs, maybe they can do setups for you. I know the 2 lfs's near me offers that service.

I would set it up yourself. You will enjoy it more when its your work. the people on this site is like haveing them there. So there is no dumb questions and dont try to wing it.........JUST ASK.

I would set it up yourself. You will enjoy it more when its your work. the people on this site is like haveing them there. So there is no dumb questions and dont try to wing it.........JUST ASK.

you know what... i agree with you... I was actually looking for someone to work with more than just setting it up for me. kind of like personalized help :) I want to be involved... it just seems very overwhelming but i love reef tanks so much!

So if someone had an interest in doing so I'd be there to help and someone could make money! If not i'll just have to make a trip to the LFS and see...

The community does seem to be really cool on this site! :sfish:

Some times it seem so overwhelming when you look at all the information at once. Here is what i suggest you do to make it not seem so scary.

1. Pick out the equipment you think you want. I suggest just going basic. Get as big a tank as you can handle, make it so you get a sump. Get your pumps and heater. You can also get your lights right now too if you want. Or you can wait and get those later, you dont need lights right away. Get your dry rocks and sand. And get your test kits.
2. Pick a day to put it all together. Then do it ;) Find your favorite local LFS and get a couple pieces of live rock, toss in your piece of shrimp and let the tank cycle.
3. You now have a few week breathing period. Research all the fish you might be possibly interested in. Research them again ;) Then get an idea of what fish will work together, and can live happily in your size tank. Research all the corals you want or might want. Make sure you have enough light for them.
4. Slowly start adding things (cycle is over). One fish every 3 weeks. Peaceful fish first, to more aggressive fish. Add corals if you wish.

It will come together faster than you think, and we will be here to help you every step of the way.

Back