Love my Maculosus and Asfur

Australis

Angel Collector
Have been keepin them for 4-5 months...
And i have to say, moneys' worth...although they are expensive...
Bought them as Captive bred from Taiwan...
The maculosus is a freak though...it has white markings and a white tail instead of the usual yellow...and the lil asfur, the both of them are great survivors...not to mention the maculosus grew from a 2 incher to 4 feeding only on pellets...

I cant manage to get a snapshot coz they cant stand still...
u can try to run a search on them...

Hi again...

As some of the seniors had known...my tank was previously in hypo...for a good 6 months...and all my angels went dull colored...so did my maculosus if compared to the fresh caught ones...
Its still a juvie and i have no idea how brilliant a baby mac shud look like coz mine dun look tat interesting lol...dull hypo

At 4" its capable on standing his ground against bigger emperors and xantometapon...not to mention asfur too

Well general color is about the same except u replace the yellow color with white...it has a white tail and a white stripe.

Apparently its bred and theres quite a lot of it being sold in the shop where i got it from and its quite cheap too...

Hey biff...guess wat...I'm working in the importers place now :D
I'm getting 50% off :^:

Good to see you back! And I'm glad it sounds like your fish are doing fine (even if they are a little dull). Congrats on the new job too.

the two of them dont go at it with each other?

To all that i know...i never see them duking it out :)
the Big Asfur dun seem to be bothered by the smaller 5cm juvie which was added later on...or with the mac.but the mac does go chassing after my koran though. Kinda peaceful in my overpopulated tank :) with occasional border skirmishes.
I did however joined the two islands of live rock together and after that the fighting was reduced tremendously. Now my xanto and my navarchus can see eye to eye :)

I'm kicking out every tang in the tub though...they do cause heavy damage with their poop.

Hey guys...i've made a few short clips of my fishes in .3gp format...just wanna know how to share it with the rest here...shot with my cellphone though so it wont be super beautiful...

Finally some poor shots of the white Maculosus...

And also a shot of my shy belus angel under the rocks...

Sorry guys if the tank is messy...i dun have time to do maintenance since i got this donkey job at the fish importers

VIDEO0004.flv video by plecowhacko - Photobucket

VIDEO0003.flv video by plecowhacko - Photobucket

VIDEO0001.flv video by plecowhacko - Photobucket

Fingers crossed...hope the link works...its been ages since i did any attaching werk...

I will try to list down the names the best i can remember...
Pomacanthus asfur 2 x
Pomacanthus maculosus 1
Pomacanthus navarchus
Pomacanthus xantometapon
Pomacanthus sextriatus
Pomacanthus semicirculatus
Pomacanthus imperator (short fin)
Pomacanthus paru
Chaetodontoplus mesoleucus
Centropyge bicolor
Centropyge bispinosa
Genicanthus bellus
Chaetodon auriga
Chaetodon falcula
Chaetodon xanthocephalus

I cant remember any more...i know i know...its over crowded in there :(
I shud start saving for a nother mega tub...

Last edited:
Well...they get along like in the video...no frontal confrontation just minor chases occasionally during feeding time...the rest of the time, they are at peace...
Oh but theres heavy grunting from my imperator and xantometapon to scare the rest away when feeding...

oh yar...the only guy that everyone dont like is the Koran, even my lil asfur didnt like her even attcaked her...and the koran is double her size...the butterflies are wats left...they are hard to keep :( my xantocephalus killed the ephipium, auriga killed my ulitiensis...rafflesi had a few red spots, eye got injured and died... :( nobody was bugging him though...

Thanks

Last edited:
I use to have an Imperator Angel. One of my favorite fish. We would walk by the tank and he would grunt. Unfortunately he died during a power failure. I now have a juvenile named Junior, hope he'll make it to full size.

Back