Mandarin

Dantitan

Reefing newb
I bought a Mandarin last night. I will post some pics of it later, but here is the story: I went to the LFS just to get a couple of Nass' but then I saw this poor little Mandarin in one of the tanks. It was moving around fine and had steady gill movements. The problem was that its stomach was a little sunken. I felt sorry for the little guy and my tank has an EXPLOSION of copes and amphipods. I thought for sure that someone on here would know what I could do to help the little guy out. I know I shouldn't have gotten him, but like I said, I felt sorry for him. Any thoughts?

Congrats on the addition...did you observe him eat anything at the lfs, or did they attempt to feed him before you bought him? Hopefully you have a good supply of pods for him to eat. Also, try seeing if he'll eat frozen foods too. That'll help a lot in the long run. Good luck.

Congrats on the addition...did you observe him eat anything at the lfs, or did they attempt to feed him before you bought him? Hopefully you have a good supply of pods for him to eat. Also, try seeing if he'll eat frozen foods too. That'll help a lot in the long run. Good luck.

No, I didn't see him eating at the LFS, but I do plan on trying to train him to eat frozen. I do have an arse load of pods in my tank. I was really more concerned about its sunken stomach.

Well, he didn't make it. I don't think that he had much of a chance anyway, but thought that I would try to help the little guy.

Hate that he didnt make it.
At the LFS I help at,we usually wont sale a mandrine thats acting weak or has sunken bellies.They usually cant stand the stress of the move and acclimation.

Back