Mangrove in my 3 Gallon???

The mangrove will stick out into the air above the water, you know that right? Will the light be on it, or daylight from a window?

Mangroves are cool, but the take a very long time to grow, which in return will slowly eliminate the nitrates...cheato is probably your best bet to add to your tank that can effectively remove nitrates.

+1 Smitty

Mangroves grow very slowly and they take a very long time to establish. They are also going to take up much of the room in your 3 gal tank. I think a ball of cheato will work much better for you. Plus mangroves need extra lights, and that light that you have wont be enough for them.

does it hang off the back? if so i would put it in there, turing it into a HOB fuge.

If you dont convert it to a fuge, then i would get rid of the power filter. Unless you are cleaning them every 3 or 4 days, they will cause more problems then they solve. The particles that the filter media traps stay in the water flow, so when the decompose into smaller compounds, those are release from the filter media back into the water to feed cyano or algae.

I used cheato in my HOB filter and within a month it was all disintegrated. I dont know what the secret is all my other plants and corals are very healthy.

No, but the spread from the light you have on top of your tank for the corals should reach it. But if you feel it isnt enough, then clip a small desk lap to it.

Back