Mantis Shrimp!!

sorry. so i thought i had the little bastard in the rock i put in my sump. well i get home today and im looking for my six line wrasse which is only about 2 inches and hes been hiding in the rocks so im still looking for him. but anyways i seen these bug eyes popping out of the rock and i was like crap he moved rocks before i got that one out of my tank.(praying there is not more then 1). so i hurried and grabbed the rock out and stuck it in a bucket of cold fresh water and he came haulin ass out and then stopped moving because the water was so cold i think. so i picked him up with gloves and stuck him in some saltwater in a container. and that was that. just hoping he didnt kill my fish last night. but now im trying to figure out what im going to do with him. i was watching some videos on youtube and damn these things are agressive! maybe thinking about getting a small tank for him and keep him or maybe se if my lfs wants to do a trade or maybe even sell him to the highest bidder? so not sure.

Well my mantis bastard has made his home in a 40 lb rock that is wedged under another 36 lb rock so I screwed.

I am going to purchase one of those mantis traps and just pray it eventually catches him. I don't have time to sit over the tank for hours to catch him.

I am jealous you caught yours so quick!!

Back