Marine SAT

NewbReefer

Reefing newb
I've noticed some of you used or have used Marine SAT, do you simply does it and thats it? no large water changes after the dosing? Any tips would be awesome.

No water changes after the dosing, because Marine SAT is just bacterial cultures that compete with the algae for nutrients (phosphate and nitrate). So it's not a chemical.

I've been using it for about a year (probably) and noticed a huge difference in water quality and algae levels. I've heard some people say that your tank can become "addicted" to it, and higher and higher doses of it will be required to maintain water quality, but in my tank, I have not found that to be true.

It's very easy to dose, for a tank my size I dump 1/4 gallon in at a time.

I like to dump mine right after I do a water change.Just 8oz a week.But even at that,I dont use it every week.

I've used it when I had the red algae problem that just wouldn't go away. It was my last resort. It worked rather quickly. I used it for about four weeks and haven't used it since.

thanks for the tips everyone. I just dosed 10oz for my 100g system so hopefully i can finally get this algea problem under control.

You'll still need to remove as much of the algae as you can by hand.When it dies,it releases the nutrients right back into your tank.But you'll eventually get rid of it.

You'll still need to remove as much of the algae as you can by hand.When it dies,it releases the nutrients right back into your tank.But you'll eventually get rid of it.

yeah i noticed it mentions that on the bottle, thanks for the reminder :)

Back