marinelan Reef Capable LED Lighting System

ANDREA

Reefing newb
any one have this light's or any one know how many power cord have ??
because for what i can see have only one power on and off botton.... how you can make your 24-Hour Lighting System with one switch ( how you add timer's???)
is only for my 30 gl tank and i am very limited with the space where i can put my light's the tank is in a wall and with only 30x9 room to play with
any other suggestion's???

Reef Capable LED Lighting System

yes three setting with one switch, i think i have to manualy change morning light noon light and nigh light, in my other tank i have a nova extreme with 2 switch and 3 cord where i can use a timer for the 3 different light

but any way what you think about this light's are only 5" wide and 30" long perfect for my limited space of 30x9 (8 3/4)

From what others have experienced with them, they are not really "reef capable". Okay for soft corals, but you will be very limited in what you can keep under those lights.

I have Marineland LED reef capable light. It only has one plug and you will have to manually switch the settings. So what I did was buy Current USA TrueLumen LED strip 4 Actinic for the moon lighting, so I could get a timer so I didnt have to manually switch everyday. I went LED because the MH are so expensive and you have to replace the bulbs every 3-6 months and at $60-100 dollars a bulb depending the kind you get. I also was nervous about heat the MH and T5s would give off because my tank is only a 28 gal and I didnt want the temperature to climb. The LED is a lot cooler and the bulb life is longer...however Biff is right about the light not being a powerful as a MH....its about equal to a T5's I havent had corals long enough to judge growth but I can always add another light if I decide to get more light hungry corals. So far I am happy with my purchase.

I went LED because the MH are so expensive and you have to replace the bulbs every 3-6 months and at $60-100 dollars a bulb depending the kind you get.

I don't know where you were looking but, MH fixtures are considerably cheaper then buying LED fixtures. Also, if yo buy. A good quality bulb then they only need to be replaced every 12 months.

I found the MH lights very expensive also. I went with the t5 set because I loved the color options you can make. Mine doesn't get hot at all. Aquaticlife is the one I got because you can connect up to 3 sets together giving you 6 bulbs with separate cords for different timing but the way they connect you don't see the cords at all.

You can buy one set at a time so it's not so much money at once.

There are some really good LEDs out there. If you spend the money and get a good one for your reef tank you won't regret it. I went with the Orpheks.

I based my decision on the color of the light and the quality that they build them too.

Back