Marks Trigon 190 Corner Reef Tank...

Marklyall87

Reefing newb
Hi, I'm relatively new to the site & wanted to start this thread to show my aquarium & update as I make more progress with it. I recently returned to marine kepping after shutting my last tank down 6-7 years ago and purchased a juwel trigon 190lt corner tank, the tank has been running approx 4 months and seems to be doing well, I test the water regulary & it's always pretty good. Calcium is added to the tank via a auto top up system & I add plankton daily as I feed the fish (usually on a mixture of frozen brine shrimp & flake food). I have managed to source some of my items over the Internet and from local classifieds & got some great deals, the tank is nowhere near finished yet & needs some tidying up but it's a work in progress, I will update this thread as I add more items but here's what I have for now...

Feel free to ask any questions & let me know what you think, Thanks. Mark.

Juwel Trigon 190lt Corner Tank
250w Halide With Twin Blue T5's
Custom Built 35lt Seabray Sump Tank (media: approx 15kg mixed live rock, few bio balls)
Aquamedic Turboflow 1000 Skimmer
Ehiem 1260 Return Pump (on spray bar)
3x Korallin Powerheads
Teco Water Chiller
Tunze Auto Top Up With Cacium Adder
Ehiem Auto Feeder
Mixture Of White Sand / Crushed Coral Substrate
Approx 55kg Live Rock (Including sump)(full of poloyps & bits, 90% Fugi, 10% Indonesian)
Approx 10 Corals (most of which are soft corals but not sure on the names of them all)
Yellow Tang
Regal Tang
Pair Of Clown Fish (think there cinnamons)
Trigger Fish (unknown type)
6x Chromis
Blood Shrimp
10-15 Mixed Hermit Crabs
Approx 5 Turbo Snails
Lots Of Baby Starfish

b338d810.jpg

cd411c2f.jpg

01000d5d.jpg

f95b9ac3.jpg

31f68006.jpg

f64a2ac9.jpg

4a5da79f.jpg

07eaf86a.jpg

1a7f41a3.jpg

509f17c3.jpg

e40a3752.jpg

6fdae48e.jpg

d66a5728.jpg

bf3acec8.jpg

Call me Nostrdamus...I think their is an APB about to be put out on your tank.

Hahaha. Let me see if I can guess why...

Your tank is very nice. However, it is equivalent to a 50 gallon tank. And you have two tangs and a rather large trigger in there. The trigger needs a tank at least twice that size to stay healthy. And the tangs are pushing it with that small amount of swimming space. I hope you will consider either finding those fish a new home or upgrading tank sizes.

Told ya. Tang Police.. They're everywhere. Seriously though..Biff is right.

An APB is an ALL POINTS BULLETIN....something that the police say when all cars are looking for a particular person...Which in this case is you.:D

I don't get it but ok..haha...

Read what I posted, then maybe you will get it... ;)

Hahaha. Let me see if I can guess why...

Your tank is very nice. However, it is equivalent to a 50 gallon tank. And you have two tangs and a rather large trigger in there. The trigger needs a tank at least twice that size to stay healthy. And the tangs are pushing it with that small amount of swimming space. I hope you will consider either finding those fish a new home or upgrading tank sizes.

I'll help you out..There are reefers everywhere that wear "Tang Police" badges. You'll see them the more you frequent this site. They'll be sure to tell you that your tank is too small for the tangs as well as the trigger. They're right, those fish aren't made for tanks less than 100g (you'll have to do the math on the liters, I'm too dumb)

Unfortunately, those fish can't survive happily or very long in your size tank. So, rather than have 3 of your fish die, we'll usually try to persuade you to take them back to your fish store for credit...

Yellow and blue tangs get about 8" and your trigger can reach 1' in length. They don't have enough swimming room.

I see you and another member here,Smitty,have something in common.Both of you love a wall of live rock.Congrats,it looks nice and I won't harp about the fishes since everyone has that covered.

Hi people, thanks for all your comments. I am currently loving the live rock wall as it has lots of growth on it, provides lots of crevises & hiding spots & is easy to get a good water flow over the surface. I'm also aware that the tank will not house the fish forever but they all seem pretty happy for now & are honestly not as large as they look in the photos. Besides I'm hoping to upgrade either the juwel trigon 350lt or a 4x2 aquarium in the next couple of months, thanks for the advice though. Mark

tank looks great mark, Im sorry but i dont see a lot of hope for the longevity of your fish. even a 4x2 upgrade will only get you 90gal/340l or so. its still not a great environment for a 2 tangs and a trigger. one tang probably be just fine. my lfs has had a regal in their 90 gal display for years and he is really happy.

Other than the alarming sight of the large fish in a smaller tank I really like your setup. my first sw tank was a 36 gal corner tank and I loved it. still have it, but its broken down now. corner tanks are fun.

Back