Maroon Clown Replacement

PufferGuy

Reefing newb
I knew this day would come... ive had this maroon clown for about 2 years and he is just over 2 inches now and becoming really aggressive. I've decided to try to catch him and return him to the LFS so my other fish dont get slaughtered, and also i dont want him hosting my duncans, which he is currently trying.

I also have a cardinal, 1 small green chromis, 1 starry blenny and a red back wrasse.

I am looking for a replacement for the clown, and would really like a dwarf angel but i have a lot of coral (no sps) and am worried about their "reef-safeness"

Any other ideas?? The clown was my "showfish" because he is always out and about being active, so i would like something like that for the replacement.

Oh and the tank is a 40gal breeder, and i have a 10 gal sump/fuge.

My rust angel doesnt nip, never seen a coral beauty do it either, but id go for one, and just watch, if he starts just swap fish.

I've had a few coral beauties, and all of them have behaved like model citizens. They're worth a shot. If they eat your corals, be ready to catch it and take him back.

i must have the smartest clown on the planet because theres no catching him, ill have to try to 2L pop bottle trick, but i dont think it will work either... ill have to move my tank in a couple weeks so i might wait until then... but yea i was looking at the dwarf angels, i really like flame dwarf angels, are those supposed to be less reef safe?

my clown will usually swim into a net without me even trying. he will come from the other side of the tank to see whats going on then hop in

are you serious Yote? It's ok to hook your fish?

As long as you either use a barbless hook are file the barb off,it wont hurt em.
Just dont pull them out of the tank on the hook.Lift them out with your net and use a set of hemostats to gently remove the hook.
I had a flame angel in my old 75 that I was trying to catch because it decided it liked the taste of my corals.I actually caught every single fish in my tank EXCEPT the flame angel.
Caught my Atlantic Blue tang several times.He'd hit the fly everytime it was in the tank.

Back