Maroon clownfish

clownfish123

Reefing newb
Will maroon clownfish become to agressive an territorial? I have two and they are the only ones in the tank, but I would like to add more in the near future.

yes they will and its neve a good idea to have more than a pair of clowns. most of the time they will fight with each other until there is only two of them left

Almost everything is compatible with clownfish. And with a tank your size, you have a ton of choices. Reef safe wrasses are some of my favorites. And you could keep a couple tangs in your 100 gallon.

Maroon clowns can be pretty mean. As a general rule, I would add them last to your tank, rather than first. But if you chose other semi-aggressive or aggressive fish you might be okay. Good luck!

Thank you, I'm guessing yellow tangs would be fine to add in then. I was also wondering how soon I should put another species of wrasse or tang (reef friendly) into the tank? I heard that if you leave maroon clownfish without any othe species of fish they will become to aggresive and won't let any fish in. And one more quick question, I have the maroon clownfish that came with an anemone and he was the only one in the tank so he never went to his anemone, then we put another maroon in the tank and he is slightly larger. At first the smaller one kept (hitting I guess) the other one, but now I'm starting to see the opposite. Now my smaller maroon is going back to his anemone, Is that a bad thing that he ignored it and now he is suddenly going to it?
Thanks in advance

Back