Maroon Killed Bar Goby

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
My Maroon harassed and bit my Bar Goby's fins till he died. He would chase him under the rocks when he tried to eat. His bolt hole was right next to the Maroon. The Goby was too stupid to move to another hole farther away.

I'm down to 3 fish, the Maroon, a Midas Blenny and a Pajama Cardinal neither of which take crap from the Maroon.

Suggestions for a new fish?

How about a dottyback or a six line wrasse? Either of those should do okay with the maroon.

And I am sorry to hear about your bar goby.

How about a dottyback or a six line wrasse? Either of those should do okay with the maroon.

And I am sorry to hear about your bar goby.

Had a bi-color dottyback once and they are great but they will kill shrimps. 6-line is a good suggestion. My Maroon is still fairly small but they do, eventually, get big and monstrous.

Services and eulogy were held at toilet-side last night for the Goby.

I didn't know dottys went after shrimp - that's too bad. Will a 6-line do okay with shrimp? My other idea would be a dwarf angel, maybe a flame angel or lemonpeel

I didn't know dottys went after shrimp - that's too bad. Will a 6-line do okay with shrimp? My other idea would be a dwarf angel, maybe a flame angel or lemonpeel

I'd love a Flame Angelfish but I am afraid he might nip my big blue clam, although the Maroon would probably defend the clam to the death. He has been hosting the clam for months without hurting it. When my big Sinularia started drooping towards the clam, the Maroon nearly nipped it to death. I moved the Sinularia away. I paid $25 for the clam when he was small and now I'd bet he's worth $150 at least.

clown1.jpg

Back