Massive Algae Eradication?

The thought of the die off never crossed my mind. I don't want to throw the tank into a cycle. Guess I'll just got with the scrubbing method and let it sit in the dark for a good 2 weeks. I'll use my existing LR to initially set up the tank and then rearrange the rock work when it's all ready. Thanks for all your help.

I tried out the "quickfix" of Chemiclean, used it last week to treat some cyano buildup in between my polyps and some that had scattered through the sand. Tried the legit methods first, blackouts increase water flow etc, nothing happened. The Chemiclean did the job in less than 48 hours with no signs 72 hours later, been a week no die off. Supposedly takes care of other pest algae as well. Something to think about if you want to make sure its all gone, scrub and treat just my personal experience and something to consider.

Yeah dont boil the rock scrub the rock good and keep it out of the light i have done this many times and when you put it back in the tank make sure your water is good so the rest of the algae will die off. BUT slowly put the rock back because all at once might cause a spike.

Back