MHs and Coral placement

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
I have 150 watt Sunpod over the center of my BC29 and it lights up the tank pretty well but there is a band of more intense light across the center of the tank. Has anyone found it necessary to place corals directly under the more intensely lit areas? I have a green plate coral in the front corner and it gets a bit less light there.

ummm... You did say that you have 150W ON A BC29 right? I think that you could put that plate under a rock and it would still get enough light. The truth is that you are right that there are areas of more intensity, but if you aren't having trouble with a specific coral, I wouldn't worry about it. You have sufficient lighting with that sunpod and plates don't require tons of light anyway.

That area of more intense light,is great for stuff like acros and other high light SPS.You just got to remember to acclimate them to it.

I agree that it is getting enough lighting. Watch its behavior and you'll be able to tell if it's not happy where it's at. They can also move on their own some, unless it's blocked.

Back