Midwest Coral Farms Closing (Chicago area)

markrj

Reefing newb
MWCF is closing the retail portion of their business. :(

The last day is this Saturday.

We made the two hour drive this morning and arrived 5 minutes after they opened the doors at 9:00 am.

The place was packed! 25% off everything and 50% off all the small frags so they are $5 each!

Scored some sweet corals including a couple Duncan Frags, a nice 3 head Zoa frag, A Plate coral (still looking for the right ID on it) and a multi-coral rock with a nice feather duster on it.

I will post photos as soon as they are acclimated and placed in the tank.

Sad to see such a high quality place close up shop. They will only be selling wholesale from now on.

I suspect it will be well picked over by Saturday.

From the website: http://midwestcoralfarms.com/

Midwest Coral Farms

To Our Amazing Customers

If you would have asked us three years ago where we thought we would be today, our answer would not be "sitting here writing our customers a Thank You letter" because we were closing our doors for good. Then again, without our wonderful customers support, we would not have been able to become what we have in the last three years.

You have all stood by us through rumors on the blogs, to the changing of our labor, to the fence coming down. Because of your support and understanding, you helped us grow into one of the best retail stores around and allowed us to provide you with the two best things we can, amazing customer service and amazing product.

It is with heartfelt sadness, that today, we are writing to tell you goodbye. As of July 7th, Midwest Coral Farms is closing its retail doors for good. As some of you may or may not know, we have been operating a separate wholesale facility next to MCF and we have decided to keep our focus on that. We hope that we will continue to be able to serve you with our great product through a selection of your local fish stores.

We will have some amazing deals on fish, corals, inverts and dry goods. We will also be selling the fish out of the display tanks as well as the Wally, as long as we can catch them.

We know that this is a huge shock and we can't wait to see how this all turns out, especially on the blogs. We are grateful that our customers helped us get to where we are today. Without you we would have just been an ordinary LFS, instead we were extraordinary and in the next chapter of our business venture we are taking that same approach.

We will miss you all! Our paths will cross again one day, it will just be in the form of a special piece of coral at a LFS you have not visited for a while because you were loyal to MCF!

Hours of Operation:​
Thursday, July 5th 9am to 5pm
Friday, July 6th 12pm to 6pm
Saturday, July 7th 11am to 4pm

The Midwest's Premier Coral Source
Thank You and Goodbye

I went this morning and walked out a happy customer...3 sps's, 15lbs of live sand, 16oz of kent m magnesium, battery operated pump, all for $50 bucks. It was crowded as heck, but worth the trip for me.

Back