mikes 20g high

diversdoitdeeper

new to the hobby
ok so im starting up my 20g high with live sand and water today although i wish i could start my 100g instead but my money isnt looking so hot so i thought i figured id start small im going to get the sand and saltwater from allpets my lfs and post pics once the water clears cant wait so excited:^:

The cost can run up quick, even in a small tank. Not trying to hold you back though, just fair warning lol. Are you getting rock as well?

yea im getting rock just gonna wait till my water settles nad i know the money will be spent here as well just would hate to break down a 100g tank after six months when i move much rather it be my 20g which i think will be easier to move with no casualties seeing how i am farely new to the hobby i have a 8ld rock full of life it has Xenia and some red mushroom corals in my cousins tank wanting till im ready for coral but yes i will be sorting through the figi my lfs has

I was on this website where the study group actually made live rock. They harvest NOTHING from the ocean. If your interested PM me and I'll send you a link.

ok so i just bought orange argonite pretty fine 20lbs and 6 pounds to start of dry rock which ill rinse and put in place but will prally be a day or two untill i can post pics bc have to wait for sand to settle and im not running a filter yet just a powerhead

GetAttachment.aspx

ok so i just added a Marineland Penguin 200 i wasnt going to run a filter and just use live rock and sand as my filtration and do frequent water changes but decided to go with what i know with the penguin and im currently contemplating which power head or heads to get. Reading all the forums i can before making my decision

Back