Mini max carpet anemones

Discussion in 'Corals' started by CurtisL, Sep 27, 2011.

1. CurtisL

CurtisL

I have someone wanting to trade me a few of these.. Are they bad for a beginner coral? Are they like other anomones that can wipe your tank out. Would they survive under my stock bc PCs. Should I get them? Thanks everyone!

CurtisL, Sep 27, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. CurtisL

Salty B

I love my maxi's! I have 5 of them in a 10 gallon with a bunch of softies. They will irritate a few of them but havent seen any real damage. Fish on the other hand are a different story. They aren't hosting nems and I lost a clown to one. If you have fish that like to perch on rocks or sand(gobies,blennys and such) I'd consider the risk.

Salty B, Sep 27, 2011
    CurtisL likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. CurtisL

CurtisL

Thanks for the response! I have one clown that's the only fish i have right now. Are they as easy to keep as my zoas, shrooms, and rics? Or would I have to change up my ways?

CurtisL, Sep 27, 2011
  4. CurtisL

Salty B

Some will say they need to be fed and some will say they dont. Myself, I like to feed mine. I cut up a big silverside into 5 pieces (which makes pretty small chunks) and feed them 2 or 3 times per month. They also have their own attitudes, 1 moves constantly,another moves every couple months and the rest have stayed where i put them. I'll dig up a couple pics later.

Salty B, Sep 27, 2011
    CurtisL likes this.
  5. CurtisL

little_fish Moderator

they are going to require good water conditions, but not as much as the big nems IMO, but i would be a bit worried about the lighting you have, it might not be enough. But i will let someone else chime in on that.

little_fish, Sep 27, 2011
    CurtisL likes this.
  6. CurtisL

beeguiles they call me fish geek ;p

I have one maxi mini and it hasn't wandered around one bit. Has stayed in the same spot now for five months. I have led lighting so I think you would need more light for it. But they are very easy to keep I think. This is my first saltwater tank and mine is flourishing. I would not be worried another mine wiping my tank out.

beeguiles, Sep 28, 2011
    CurtisL likes this.
  7. CurtisL

CurtisL

so in other words i should NOT get it with the PC lighting correct? and thank you everyone for the input!

CurtisL, Sep 28, 2011
  8. CurtisL

beeguiles they call me fish geek ;p

Too be honest I'm not too sure if pc would work for it or not. Maybe someone else will chime in for that..I'm not an expert on lighting. All I know is I have leds and they seem strong enough for my corals and nem.

beeguiles, Sep 28, 2011
    CurtisL likes this.
  9. CurtisL

little_fish Moderator

PC lights arent very good lights, which is what im concerned about, but i dont know enough about them to say whether or not that would be enough for them.

little_fish, Sep 28, 2011
  10. CurtisL

CurtisL

Im just gonna stay on the safe side and keep my preferences of zoas, shrooms, ricordia, and other softies for the most part. i dont want anything that is very touchy and iffy about living in the conditions i can provide. thanks for all the input!

CurtisL, Sep 28, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question