missing firefish ?

jarock

Reefing newb
I bought a fire fish goby around 3 weeks ago since i had him he was so shy and would maybe come out at the most an hour a day he has vanished for around 3 days now only other fish i have is two percula clowns and a fflame hawk and some CUC anyone have any ideas what may have happened to it ?

prolly hiding. If something bad did happen to it then the CUC would make short work of the remains. Still I'm betting he is just hiding.

Edit: On another note. make sure you check around your tank carefully. I think firefish are jumpers.

My firefish went completely MIA for 3 weeks. I left him for dead. He popped up fine and dandy :) It was after I moved him from a 10g to a 125g. Overwhelming!

I added 3 firefish about a month ago. Found one of the cats (Gordon) eating one of them off the floor on Day 2, and found him eating a second one off the floor on Day 3. Both jumped. Then I didn't see the third at all for a month. I figured it had also jumped and Gordon had eaten it when I was at work or something. All of a sudden, it came out from under a rock during feeding time a few nights ago. I was shocked! Now it's the Lone Ranger.

Back